Bachmann’s Grocery Store
From the 1920s to the 1940s, Theo Bachmann owned a grocery store spanning 400 and 402 Patapsco Avenue. In 1956, Solley’s Food Market took over the space for the same purposes. Moving out of the grocery business in 1980, the Patapsco Self Service Market opened but was replaced by B & D Odds & Ends Shop in the mid 1980s. In 1990, Road Runner Pizza has taken over the spot of the old-style grocery store opened by German immigrants to Brooklyn.